Sunday, April 18, 2010

Entry #5: There's Chinese Food in China!

It's a good thing I enjoy Chinese food, because where i'll be going there'll be (however this is mere speculation) quite a bit of it. The Sichuan region is considered the most "spicy" -- and by spicy I of course mean oh-my-holy-lord-my-mouth-is-on-freakin'-fire-GIVE-ME-H2O kind of spicy.

So we'll see how my tongue handles all those hot oils and chili peppers. I may return with a desiccated and completely shriveled tongue. But hey, if they can handle it, I can too. . . Right? [trembling + jittering + nervous sweating]

China has a vast assortment of culinary delicacies, including birds nest soup (the regurgitated salival nest of a sparrow served in a bowl of savory chicken broth), marinated goat heads, "stinky tofu," one thousand year old eggs, as well as. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


Yes. These are scorpion skewers. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Makes your mouth water.
How much will you give me if I eat one?
Or better yet,
Would you believe me If I ate one?

No comments:

Post a Comment